Access to ArcGIS software
Access to ArcGIS software as part of the ESRI site license
After delivery of the Binding Declaration for participation and cost-sharing all available ArcGIS products in the Campus license may be used by the participating institution. The number of users has to be limited as indicated by the Institute in the agreement.
The software is in a directory in ArcGIS GWDG filesystem. The connection to this file system is “Map Network Drive …” on Windows systems. It must be entered as \\samba.gwdg.de\ArcGIS. This connection should be done under a user ID that has been unlocked by the GWDG after a request by the participating institution.
In this directory most of the ArcGIS software are available. If you need further products please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The software can be copied to your local Institute PC and then installed. The software can also be installed directly from the respective directory.
To activate the single use license, follow these instruction:
- Launch the Software Authorization Wizard from the ArcGIS Administrator
- Select the option “I have received an authorization file from Esri and am now ready to finish the authorization process.”
- Select “Authorize with Esri now over the Internet.”
- Enter your personal details and the registration code
- Click “Finish” to complete the authorization process.
Institutes that have a special agreement with the GWDG for the use of concurrent licenses please use the ArcGIS license server lic-arcgis.gwdg.de (IP address 18.104.22.168).
For questions or problems and contact our support. If you have any questions or problems, please contact our support.