This is an old revision of the document!
Create and Manage Volumes
This manual provide a quick help on how to create, delete, attach and detach your volume using Volumes Dashboard.
Create a new volume
In GWDG horizon dashboard, you can create a volume (block storage) by following these steps:
2- Fill the displayed form with the following information:
Please do not use any character rather than standard alphanumeric!
- Volume Name: Specify a name for the volume.
- Description: Optionally, provide a brief description for the volume.
- Volume Source: Select “No source, empty volume” unless you want to create the volume as a copy of an existing volume or image.
- Type: Select “ssd” for a faster SSD-based storage or “standard” for a normal HDD-based storage.
- Size (GiB): The size of the volume in gibibytes.
- Availability Zone: Leave it with default value “nova”.
3- Click “Create Volume” and wait until the status of the volume is “Available”.
Manage an existing volume
There are several actions which can be applied on a volume. You can see the list of them by clicking the small arrow on the very right of each volume row.
The volume which is not attached and has no related snapshot can be deleted by Delete Volume .